Even though it’s been several years since I was an active member, I get asked all the time about Toastmasters. Is it worth it? Which club should I join? Should I just take a class instead? Well these are all valid questions and I’ve written about these and many other Toastmasters-related topics in the past, so I figured now might be a good time to round up some of my more popular posts and tips about Toastmasters into a convenient place.
So here are some of the Toastmasters tips that I think are most helpful. As always, if you have a question that you can’t find answered or if you have a Toastmasters tip you’d like to share, please feel free to leave me a note via my contact form. Also, all Toastmasters tips and articles can be found under the topic Toastmasters here on the blog.
- A Toastmasters Primer gives you an overview of Toastmasters and what the benefits of joining are.
- A Primer for Guests explains what to expect when you attend a Toastmasters meeting. If you have a web site for your club, feel free to link to this.
- Toastmasters Turns 85 is a brief history of the organization and my guess at what the first meeting must have been like.
How to make your club more successful
- Is the Ah Counter Necessary? discusses whether or not it makes sense to count filler words. This article had some strong reactions.
- Six Ways to Revive Your Club provides tips to help you turn your club around of give it that boost it needs.
- Five Tips for Successful Toastmasters Meetings includes some tips on how to make your Toastmasters meetings more effective.
- 10 Tips to Become Presidential Distinguished Part 1 & Part 2 includes some tips as well as the story of how my club reached all ten goals one year.
How to Get the Most Out of Toastmasters
- How to Dress for a Toastmasters Meeting explains what to wear to your first meeting and when you give speeches.
- Speaking Beyond Toastmasters gives some advice about taking your speaking to the next level and pushing your comfort zone.
- How to Transition from Toastmaster to Professional Speaker provides some tips on how how to make a career out of speaking.
- 10 Ways to Take your Speaking to the Next Level Part 1 & Part 2 provides some of my favorite Toastmaster tips for pushing yourself as a speaker.
- Speaking at Rotary & Other Service Clubs provides some tips for Toastmasters that want to speak to other groups.
- Five Signs that you Might Have Outgrown Toastmasters provides some information about whether or not it’s time to move on.
- How to Get the Most out of Your Toastmasters Experience includes more tips about how to maximize your experience as a Toastmaster.
- How to Get Ideas for Speech Topics is full of tips to help you find topics to speak about.
My Personal Experiences with Toastmasters
- My Toastmasters Journey is a candid essay that sums up my experiences within Toastmasters.
- What I Learned at Toastmasters Last Night is a short essay about how Toastmasters can still help you even if you think you’ve moved beyond it.
- What I Hate About Toastmasters sounds more negative than it really is. I actually talk about some of the things to look out for in this article.
If you’re a Toastmaster or interested in joining this organization, then bookmark this page as I’ll add updates as new articles come out. Best of luck and remember that the only way to truly become a better speaker is to get out and speak.
James Feudo owns the Boston Web Design Agency JVF Solutions and loves blogging about personal development and communication in his spare time.
One thought on “Toastmasters Tips Roundup”
Pingback:Toastmasters Success: The Power of Theme Meetings | Overnight Sensation - Public Speaking, Communication and Personal Development