Here are some of the things from the past week that I’ve come across and felt were worth sharing. As always, feel free to leave a comment on the blog or on social media if you’d like to add to the discussion. And if you like what’s in here, please use one or more of those buttons at the bottom of the post to share with friends.
What I’ve learned:
- I’m still reading Pushing the Envelope: All The Way To The Top by Harvey Mackay. There is so much great advice in all of Harvey’s books. One of the things that jumped out at me recently was his advice about taking chances and stepping up. He shares an example of a time he was asked to fill in for another speaker who had a last minute conflict. That other speaker was Al Gore who was Vice President at the time.Harvey shared that he was initially intimidated to take the speaking gig. But ultimately, he was glad he did as it forced him to stretch himself.
- I found the below infographic about mental toughness. There’s definitely a lot of truth in it.
What I’ve written:
- I wrote a post about how no mistake is worth killing yourself on Friday. The post was triggered by something else I had read earlier in the week that had stayed in my mind. We all make mistakes and we all end up in tough situations. There’s never a reason to end your life – there are opportunities to recover, repent and to fix things. Time heals all wounds.
- I shared an update on my progress with my 30 day challenge in a post on Saturday. So it started out as a 30 day personal challenge and then I made it 75. Today is day 58 and my new goal is 90. If you curious about my journey and/or progress, then check out the post.
- I added the course audio for my Everyday Negotiations course to my products page. With COVID-19 preventing me from doing courses, this downloadable audio program is a great to learn the basics of negotiating.
- I started using Instagram again. Please feel free to follow me on there and leave a comment so I can follow you back.
Cool / Interesting / Retro Stuff:
- Below is one of my favorite clips of Mr. Bean. He’s in church and trying to sneak a piece of candy. It’s hilarious.
- I came across the below film years ago that speculated what it would be like if a dragon skeleton was discovered. I’m not sure what prompted me to think about it, but I ended up searching for it and found it. I had only watched a few minutes before so I decided to what the whole thing. It was actually pretty fascinating.
Quote(s) of the week:
Joke of the week:
I was struggling to get my wife’s attention.
So I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable, that did the trick.
I’ll be publishing this list each week on my blog, Facebook, LinkedIn and via my email list. Please feel free to share this with anyone who might find this helpful. You can also click one of the buttons below to share to your favorite social media service.
Also, please use the below form to ask any questions or provide feedback:
James Feudo owns the Boston Web Design Agency JVF Solutions and loves blogging about personal development and communication in his spare time.