Here are some of the things from the past week that I’ve come across and felt were worth sharing. As always, feel free to leave a comment on the blog or on social media if you’d like to add to the discussion. And if you like what’s in here, please use one or more of those buttons at the bottom of the post to share with friends.
What I’ve learned:
- This week, I finished reading Purple Cow by Seth Godin. It had some good ideas that are still relevant today such as trying to appeal to a niche (what he calls “the fringe”). There are a number of “case studies” at the end where he shares a lot of examples.
- I started reading Enchantment: The Art of Changing Hearts, Minds, and Actions by Guy Kawasaki. It’s an interesting book about connecting with people. I’ve read the first few chapters and it reminds me of How to Win Friends & Influence People. I’m looking forward to the rest of the book.
What I’ve written:
- I, once again, have not done any writing this week due to a busier than expected schedule. I am working on a five week plan to help people get focused on their goals – I’ve been testing & tweaking it for the past several months. Keep checking back for updates.
- If you or anyone you need is out of work during these challenging times, I’m inviting you to get a free copy of my “Ace that Interview” audio program. Simply use coupon code “FreeInterview” at checkout and it’ll be free. There is no need to enter a credit card or other payment method as it is completely free (and you won’t be automatically signed up for anything). Please feel free to share this with anyone that might need it.
Cool / Interesting / Retro Stuff:
- Like many of you, I’ve been doing a lot more cooking and baking due to the lock down we’re all in. I’ve eager to try two Disney World inspired recipes that I came across. They are for Mickey Mouse-shaped Beignets and Black & White cookies
- I found an article about James Bond films that were never made. There are some interesting facts such as Alfred Hitchcock & Quentin Tarantino being considered for directing roles. It’s worth checking out if you’re a Bond fan.
- I came across this video of opening credits from every Power Rangers series. I was in college when the first show began. Some of my friends used to watch it – I enjoyed the movie from a few years ago. I can’t believe how many variations they have come it with. It’s also cool to see that some of the former rangers have gone on to other roles.
Quote(s) of the week:
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
– Albert Einstein
Joke of the week:
A farmer who owned 67 sheep asked me to round them up.I said: “Sure. 70.”
I’ll be publishing this list each week on my blog, Facebook, LinkedIn and via my email list. Please feel free to share this with anyone who might find this helpful. You can also click one of the buttons below to share to your favorite social media service.