Below are some of the things from the past week that I’ve come across and felt were worth sharing. As always, feel free to leave a comment on the blog or on social media if you’d like to add to the discussion. And if you like what’s in here, please use one or more of those buttons at the bottom of the post to share with friends.
Today is Easter Sunday. This is one of the most important days for many Christians and Catholics. For those who celebrate, I wish you a blessed day. He is Risen!
What I’ve learned:
- This week, I finished reading “How to Talk to Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere: The Secrets of Good Communication” by Larry King. He shares a lot of interesting tips using stories about his talk show, giving speeches and even just interactions he’s had with famous people. My takeaways from the book are be honest and prepared whenever you speak.
- Inc Magazine published an article about Bill Gates and how he values empowering others. Successful leaders let their people do their jobs and give them the tools to do their jobs.
- Ben Lionel Scott shared “Kill Laziness” on his YouTube channel. If you need a shot a motivation, spend three minutes watching it.
What I’ve written:
- You’re probably familiar with my 30 day program if you follow me on social media. I’ve recent added Andy Frisella’s 75 Hard program to my daily activities. I wrote a post reviewing the program and sharing my progress.
- I updated my post from last week on what I’m doing to get through the COVID-19 pandemic. There’s now a table that shows the different symptoms of COVID-19, the flue, the common cold and seasonal allergies.
- I added an additional image to my post from last week on search & finds you can share on social media..
What I’ve found:
- I had plans to visit Walt Disney World this coming Saturday that I cancelled this past week. Thankfully, Disney shared their recipe for their famous Dole Whips so you can have some of that magic while you’re stuck at home.
- I am a huge fan of the video game Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. This honest trailer for the game cracked me up and I found it to be worth sharing. I highly recommend Skyrim if you love adventure or RPG games. I played it for three hours straight one Saturday. It’s available for PS4, XBOX, Nintendo Switch & PC.
Quote(s) of the week:
“Things are gonna be tougher than anything you can imagine, but that storm that you’re in, from your perspective, it seems like that storm is enveloping the whole world. But I am telling you it is not. The storm that you’re in, it is hard to see out of that storm, it’s hard to see past it, it seems like the storm is everything. But the storm is not everything. And it won’t last forever. You can get out of the storm, and you will get out of the storm, and when you get out, you’re gonna see the sun again.”- Jocko Willink
Joke of the week:
One day I changed a light bulb, crossed the road, and walked into a bar.
It was then that I realized my whole life was a joke.
I’ll be publishing this list each week on my blog, Facebook, LinkedIn and via my email list. Please feel free to share this with anyone who might find this helpful. You can also click one of the buttons below to share to your favorite social media service.