Here are some of the things from the past week that I’ve come across and felt were worth sharing. As always, feel free to leave a comment on the blog or on social media if you’d like to add to the discussion. And if you like what’s in here, please use one or more of those buttons at the bottom of the post to share with friends.
What I’ve learned:
- I learned the hard way that you need to validate everything. This past week, I ran into an issue where I lost over 100 hours of work on one of my other websites. I was working with my hosting company’s support team and the tech made a change that reverted my website back to a version that was over a month old. The problem would have been minimal had my automatic backups worked correctly. However, due to some glitch, they weren’t grabbing the latest version of the site. So I spent a good chunk of the weekend going through my notes to put it back together. That’s the reason this update is late and light.
- I’ve continued reading Cash Copy By Jeffrey Lant which has some solid advice. The parts I’ve read this week focus on customer centered marketing. Its a deep dive into selling the benefits versus selling the features.
What I’ve written:
- As you may be aware, my first novel is finally for sale on Amazon. It’s only available in kindle format at the moment but a paperback version will be available in a week or too. I wrote a post about the process and my lessons learned.
- I also created a new website for my books: JamesFeudo.com. I’d love to hear your feedback on both the book and the new site.
Cool / Interesting / Retro Stuff:
- I was a huge pro-wrestling fan as a kid and even wrestled in high school. So you’ll see a lot of wrestling references in both these posts and other articles. Anyway, I remember seeing a wrestler called Macho Warrior Ric Hogan. His name is obviously a reference to four of the most popular wresters of the 80’s and 90’s: “Macho Man” Randy Savage, The Ultimate Warrior, Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan. He was part of the USWA which didn’t air on TV up here in New England, but I was always curious about what this guy was all about. I finally found the below video of him doing an interview and it was interesting:
Quote(s) of the week:
“Wanting something is not enough. You must hunger for it. Your motivation must be absolutely compelling in order to overcome the obstacles that will invariably come your way.” – Les Brown
Joke of the week:
We cannot allow this year to end,
That would be admitting that 2021.
I’ll be publishing this list each week on my blog, Facebook, LinkedIn and via my email list. Please feel free to share this with anyone who might find this helpful. You can also click one of the buttons below to share to your favorite social media service.
Also, please use the below form to ask any questions or provide feedback: