Here are some of the things from the past week that I’ve come across and felt were worth sharing. As always, feel free to leave a comment on the blog or on social media if you’d like to add to the discussion. And if you like what’s in here, please use one or more of those buttons at the bottom of the post to share with friends.
Today is Mother’s Day so Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms and single dads doing double duty!
What I’ve learned:
- Last week I moved my blog to a new hosting provider. This unexpectedly caused me to have to move my main site (and convert it to WordPress) at the same time. So you may have noticed that I didn’t do an update last week. I’m happy to say that both have successfully moved but I’m still fixing a few small things.
- This week, I finished reading Enchantment: The Art of Changing Hearts, Minds, and Actions by Guy Kawasaki. I liked it as he made a lot of suggestions on how to get others to like you. One tip – be genuine. I highly recommend this book.
- I’ve started using my bread machine occasionally. I found this recipe for potato bread that was actually pretty good (assuming you can find flour and yeast). Here’s a photo:
- I watched “Instant Family” which was an excellent movie. It’ll make you laugh, cry and I guarantee you’ll enjoy it. It’s based on a real life story about a couple that adopts three kids. I didn’t know much about adoption prior to watching this, but my hat goes off to the thousands of people that have given these kids love and a good home.
What I’ve written:
- I posted an update on my progress on my 30 Day Program. It was my Day 30 update, but I’m going to keep going. I’ll be re-branding it as a five week program so it can be more easily repeated – which is what I plan to do. I’ll be looking for some additional folks to pilot test the program so keep an eye out for that!
- As I mentioned above, I haven’t done a lot of writing due to migrating two sites to a new host. Once nice thing is that you’ll find the site loads a lot faster (I notice an 80% speed increase). I’ll be updating and cleaning up some of the older posts over the next few weeks so keep an eye out for that.
- If you or anyone you need is out of work during these challenging times, I’m inviting you to get a free copy of my “Ace that Interview” audio program. Simply use coupon code “FreeInterview” at checkout and it’ll be free. There is no need to enter a credit card or other payment method as it is completely free (and you won’t be automatically signed up for anything). Please feel free to share this with anyone that might need it. Also, by moving to the new host, this site is completely secure.
Cool / Interesting / Retro Stuff:
- I love Phineas & Ferb and watched a few episodes on Disney+. Check out this video of one of my favorite clips from the show.
- I’m a big fan of the “Arrowverse” – the TV show “Arrow” and its spin-offs. I love how they do the intro for each episode and came across this one from Season 5.
- There’s a quarantine version of the Budweiser “Whassup” Commercial. It’ll make you smile – especially if you liked the original (or the Superfriends version).
Quote(s) of the week:
Joke of the week:
Einstein finally finished his theory of relativity.It’s about time.
I’ll be publishing this list each week on my blog, Facebook, LinkedIn and via my email list. Please feel free to share this with anyone who might find this helpful. You can also click one of the buttons below to share to your favorite social media service.
Also, please use the below form to ask any questions or provide feedback:
James Feudo owns the Boston Web Design Agency JVF Solutions and loves blogging about personal development and communication in his spare time.