Here are some of the things from the past week that I’ve come across and felt were worth sharing. As always, feel free to leave a comment on the blog or on social media if you’d like to add to the discussion. And if you like what’s in here, please use one or more of those buttons at the bottom of the post to share with friends.
What I’ve learned:
- I’ve been reading Pushing the Envelope: All The Way To The Top by Harvey Mackay. If there’s a silver lining in this pandemic, it’s been the chance to revisit some of my favorite business books. I first starter reading Harvey’s books in 1992 and he quickly became my favorite business author. Harvey’s books are full of great advice for sales people, aspiring business owners, entrepreneurs and people who just want to be successful.
- I came across this meme that I found to have particularly good advice.
- I’m excited to be attending the first Speaker Branding Summit. I attended a workshop on branding at a National Speakers Association meeting many years ago and enjoyed it. In fact, this blog was a result of that workshop. You can get more details at SpeakerBrandingSummit.com. Readers of this blog get a 15% discount by using coupon code JFSG15 or clicking on this link.
What I’ve written:
- I did a quick post on my favorite podcasts. I listen to podcasts for 45-90 minutes each day (usually while walking). So I’ve shared the ones I’ve found particularly helpful.
- If you or anyone you need is out of work during these challenging times, I’m inviting you to get a free copy of my “Ace that Interview” audio program. Simply use coupon code “FreeInterview” at checkout and it’ll be free. There is no need to enter a credit card or other payment method as it is completely free (and you won’t be automatically signed up for anything). Please feel free to share this with anyone that might need it. Also, by moving to the new host, this site is completely secure.
Cool / Interesting / Retro Stuff:
- I used to be a huge pro wrestling fan. Unfortunately, I don’t have time to keep with it these days. I was excited when the below video of two of my favorites, Ultimate Warrior & HHH, battling it out at Wrestlemania 12 popped up in my YouTube suggestions;
- There was a commercial from 1990 where a guy tries to call Phoenix but instead gets Fiji. This was back in the days of payphones and long distance carriers. Anyway, the guy that answers the phone says something that sounded to me like “Baka baka Fiji.” It turns out that he was actually saying “bula vinaka Beachside” which means, “Hello thanks, you’ve reached Beachside.” If you’ve ever wondered what exactly was said in the commercial, the mystery has been solved. You can watch the video below:
Quote(s) of the week:
Joke of the week:
Remember back when plastic surgery was such a taboo subject?Now you mention Botox and nobody raises an eyebrow.
I’ll be publishing this list each week on my blog, Facebook, LinkedIn and via my email list. Please feel free to share this with anyone who might find this helpful. You can also click one of the buttons below to share to your favorite social media service.
Also, please use the below form to ask any questions or provide feedback: