Learn how to really work a room:
It can be frustrating to leave a conference or networking event with just a few business cards and no leads. It can be equally frustrating leaving a social event like a cocktail party, reunion or wedding and regretting not getting to talk to as many people as you have liked to. So it’s important to understand the three key aspects of networking:
- How to properly prepare so you know what to expect at the event.
- What to do at a networking event so you effectively make connections with the right people.
- How to follow up afterwards to nurture the leads and connections that you’ve made.
If you struggle with any aspect of networking, then this program can help you. In this 70 minute program, you’ll learn:
- How to prepare for a networking event to get the most out of it – everything from how to dress to what to bring with you.
- How to set your goals for the event so you can use your time wisely- and how to ensure you meet them.
- How to start, carry on and exit a conversation – even if you’re uncomfortable introducing yourself.
- How to follow up afterwards and build on the relationships you’ve established at the event.
- How to evaluate your performance to ensure you become a more effective networker from event to event.