Fast Results E-zine
Bookmark this Page
- 10 Things (3)
- Blog Carnival (8)
- Bullying (8)
- Career (71)
- Communicators in the news (24)
- Contests (1)
- events (1)
- General (17)
- Goal Setting (28)
- Health (3)
- Inspiration (39)
- Interpersonal Communication (41)
- Job Interview (37)
- Leadership (5)
- Learning (2)
- Master Your Life (2)
- Million Dollar Month (12)
- Motivation (81)
- Networking (21)
- Online Success (19)
- Personal (10)
- Politics (21)
- Productivity (3)
- Public Speaking (162)
- Quick Tip (7)
- relationships (2)
- Review (2)
- Social Media (5)
- success (5)
- Time Management (8)
- Toastmasters (47)
- Video of the Week (14)
- Writing (8)
Wouldn’t be great if you could get an extra hour or two of productive work done each day? Forget about cutting your sleep back to three hours a night (trust me, it’s not a good thing to try), you can do this by mastering Time Management.
There are probably hundreds of books and courses out there on Time Management, and someday I’ll probably offer one too. However, sometimes people spend so much time trying to manage their time, they become even less productive.Share
There’s an old story about a manager being fired and leaving his successor two envelopes. The envelopes, labeled #1 and #2 are to be opened in that order when the new manager gets in a tough situation. The story goes that the new manger gets in a bind, opens #1 which has a note inside that reads “Blame it on me.” This works for a little while and then another major problem arises. The new manager opens up #2 which contains a note that reads “Prepare two envelopes.”Share
How many times have you thought of a great idea but were unable to recall the details when you were ready to act on it? Let’s face it, great ideas can come to us at odd times: while we’re driving, in the shower, or lying in bed. If we don’t take the time to note them right away, there’s a good chance we’ll forget them. In today’s tip, I’ll talk about a couple ways you can avoid this situation.Share
If you’re on a tight budget, the library is a great resource for giving you access to materials that aren’t in your budget. And you’d be surprised at the selection as the latest bestsellers and blockbusters are often waiting on the shelves for you.
Some ways you can use the library to become an Overnight Sensation:
- Request materials through the intra-library loan system. I live in Massachusetts and I’ve had things come from as far as Illinois.
A few weeks ago, I came across a web site that had the audio of speeches from the 2006 TED Conference. TED stands for Technology, Education & Design and the organization behind it describes the conference as an “invitation only event where the world’s leading thinkers and doers gather to find inspiration.” I listened to two of the speeches – they we each by a well known person that I know quite a bit about. I really liked one speech and really disliked the other, which I expected would happen. What I didn’t expect was that each speech had an effect on me which was the complete opposite of what I expected.Share
One common mistake that many novice and some “expert” speakers make is to ignore the time limit. Most offenders only go over by minute or two where others wait until they’re practically booed off the stage to finish up.
In general, this is very poor practice and if you’re being paid to speak or even speaking for free for a non-profit, it unlikely that you’ll be invited to speak for them again. If you’re giving a presentation at work, your co-workers may feel become annoyed at you. Think about when you’ve been in the audience and the presenter went way over time. It’s never viewed positively.Share
It’s so easy to put things off. Something more exciting can come up or maybe you’re just feeling lazy. Why do something right now when you can do it later? How can one procrastinate, let me count the ways:
- Putting something important off to watch TV, surf the web, play video games, etc…
- Instead of doing what you know deep down needs to be done, you pretend something else is a higher priority and do that task instead.
- Putting something you don’t want to do off indefinitely with the hope that you may never have to do it.
Social Media Help
If you feel too busy or too overwhelmed to keep up with social media or blogging, then check out our new online services section. We can handle everything from creating your accounts and setting up a blog or Facebook page to managing your entire online presence. We know you’re busy so let us do the work for you.
Please take a look at my latest e-book, "The Ultimate Guide to Effective Theme Meetings." This 62 page e-book contains tips as well as 10 ready to use theme meeting kits. Each kit contains everything from the invitation to planning the food & decor to enough table topics for up to 30 participants. And if you act fast, you can get it while it's still on sale.
- Five Ways to Get Started on Anything | Overnight Sensation - Public Speaking, Communication and Personal Development on Can You Really Write a Book in Three Hours?
- Leave Miss Utah Alone | Overnight Sensation - Public Speaking, Communication and Personal Development on Why You Should Care About Susan Boyle
- Michelle on What I Hate About Toastmasters
- Bob on Do You Live Under a Rock or in a Cave?
- How to Improve Your Articulation | Overnight Sensation - Public Speaking, Communication and Personal Development on Public Speaking Success: How to Use Your Voice to Engage Your Audience
- Why You’re Losing Twitter Followers | Overnight Sensation - Public Speaking, Communication and Personal Development on On-line Success: How Do You Use Twitter?
- Darren Fleming on How to Stand Out in a Competitive Job Market
- Stephen on How to Stand Out in a Competitive Job Market