Below are some of the things from the past week that I’ve come across and felt were worth sharing. As always, feel free to leave a comment on the blog or on social media if you’d like to add to the discussion. And if you like what’s in here, please use one or more of those buttons at the bottom of the post to share with friends.
What I’ve learned:
- I came across an interesting video from Scott Dinsmore on How to Find and Do the Work You Love. He shares three steps: 1. Become an expert on yourself and find your unique strengths. 2.Do the impossible. 3. Surround yourself with passionate people. Sadly, I learned that Scott passed away a few months back. He was killed by falling rocks while climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro.
- I also found a video from Lena Kay about Three Steps to Transform Your Life. She shares a story of a kid beating the odds and teaches the following steps: 1. Laser focus on what you want. 2. Question what you consciously and unconsciously believe about your desire. 3. Imagine you desire has already manifested and take the next step.
What I’ve written:
- While I didn’t write this story, I’ve shared a touching story about an interaction between an elderly woman and an NYC cab driver. I don’t know if the story is true, but it’s worth a read.
- I write down at least three things I’m grateful for each day. This one simple habit has significantly impacted my attitude in a positive way so I wrote a post about it.
- My last post of the week was about the 30 Days to Better Habits program that I’m developing. I share some of the successes and challenges I’ve had with it in this post.
What I’ve found:
- Have you heard about the Christmas Eve truce from WWI where both sides called a temporary truce on Christmas? I watched a documentary years ago that mentioned this but never got around to researching it. I stumbled across the 2005 film Joyeux Noel which is about that event. You might enjoy this key scene from the film.
- I attended a local production of Les Misérables on Friday night which was incredible. It got me thinking about Susan Boyle and her sudden rise to fame. One thing that stood out when I re-watched her audition was the crowd’s reaction. The audience and judges initially took her as a joke – note some of their faces before she sings. Nearly 12 years later, she’s released eight studio albums and appears to be doing well.
- I came across a meme that the song Weightless by Marconi Union helps relieve stress & anxiety. So I listened to it for a bit while doing some work and I found it to be helpful. If you’d like to try it out, there’s a 10 hour version of it on YouTube.
Quote(s) of the week:
“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
Joke of the week:
What did Yoda say when he first saw himself in 4k?
I’ll be publishing this list each week on my blog, Facebook, LinkedIn and via my email list. Please feel free to share this with anyone who might find this helpful. You can also click one of the buttons below to share to your favorite social media service.Share