Fast Results E-zine
Bookmark this Page
- 10 Things (3)
- Blog Carnival (8)
- Bullying (8)
- Career (71)
- Communicators in the news (24)
- Contests (1)
- events (1)
- General (17)
- Goal Setting (28)
- Health (3)
- Inspiration (39)
- Interpersonal Communication (41)
- Job Interview (37)
- Leadership (5)
- Learning (2)
- Master Your Life (2)
- Million Dollar Month (12)
- Motivation (81)
- Networking (21)
- Online Success (19)
- Personal (10)
- Politics (21)
- Productivity (3)
- Public Speaking (162)
- Quick Tip (7)
- relationships (2)
- Review (2)
- Social Media (5)
- success (5)
- Time Management (8)
- Toastmasters (47)
- Video of the Week (14)
- Writing (8)
Throughout history, people have been elevated to greatness because of the way they have responded during a crisis. World leaders, business owners and other newsmakers have made the news (and the history books) because something went wrong or a great obstacle presented itself and they were able to overcome it. On a larger scale, each day people all over the world have defining moments within their career (whether they work for themselves or someone else) because a problem occured and they were able to use their leadership skills to save the day. If you want a fast path to success, step up and shine during a crisis. You’ll differentiate yourself from the pack as so many people simply get absorbed with the problem and what caused it instead of making the effort to find a solution.
Why people miss this opportunity:
Too many people (especially in the workplace) try to pass the blame onto another party when a problem presents itself. They treat it like a hot potato and just want to dump it on someone else so they don’t have to deal with it. Now this is typically done for two reasons:
- They fear a negative perception about themselves or their business.
- They don’t want to deal with the issue because they’re too busy or too lazy.
Now this affliction affects employees and entrepreneurs alike, although it’s more prevalent in the workplace where mistakes aren’t tolerated as they are in an entrepreneurial environment. And in many cases, it’s just simply easier to let someone else deal with the problem. What they fail to realize is that it takes much longer to achieve success when you have no obstacles.
Obstacles give us a chance to sharpen our skills, test our commitment and become fully engaged in reaching our goals. When you overcome an obstacle, it increases your confidence and makes you feel more invested in your goal. Your blood, sweat and tears suddenly become more meaningful to you as you see a result from your efforts.
Facing no obstacles makes the journey less exciting and less exciting means you risk a drop in your level of commitment. Very few people have achieved greatness without overcoming at least a few bumps in the road.
So the next time you find yourself faced with a crisis, get excited. It’s your chance to show the world what you’ve got to offer and stand out from the crowd. Avoid the temptation of looking for blame and passing the buck and focus instead on finding a solution.Share
Check out these Related posts:
- Skills for Success in the Workplace – March Career Day ThemeTweet I can’t believe that it’s already March. This month’s...
- Public Speaking Success: Does it Really Make Sense to Take Every Speaking Opportunity You’re Offered?Tweet A common piece of wisdom often bestowed to aspiring...
- Career Success: How to Prepare When a Layoff is ImminentTweet Unemployment is sky high and the talking heads on...
- Career Success: 10 Tips for Productive MeetingsTweet Meetings, especially when run ineffectively, can be big time...
- Sticking to your gunsTweet Decisions are what make or break us. Or, to...
- Networking – Career DayTweet Networking is a term that means different things to...
- How Public Speaking Can Boost Your CareerTweet As organizations grow and technology allows us to easily...
Social Media Help
If you feel too busy or too overwhelmed to keep up with social media or blogging, then check out our new online services section. We can handle everything from creating your accounts and setting up a blog or Facebook page to managing your entire online presence. We know you’re busy so let us do the work for you.
Please take a look at my latest e-book, "The Ultimate Guide to Effective Theme Meetings." This 62 page e-book contains tips as well as 10 ready to use theme meeting kits. Each kit contains everything from the invitation to planning the food & decor to enough table topics for up to 30 participants. And if you act fast, you can get it while it's still on sale.
- Five Ways to Get Started on Anything | Overnight Sensation - Public Speaking, Communication and Personal Development on Can You Really Write a Book in Three Hours?
- Leave Miss Utah Alone | Overnight Sensation - Public Speaking, Communication and Personal Development on Why You Should Care About Susan Boyle
- Michelle on What I Hate About Toastmasters
- Bob on Do You Live Under a Rock or in a Cave?
- How to Improve Your Articulation | Overnight Sensation - Public Speaking, Communication and Personal Development on Public Speaking Success: How to Use Your Voice to Engage Your Audience
- Why You’re Losing Twitter Followers | Overnight Sensation - Public Speaking, Communication and Personal Development on On-line Success: How Do You Use Twitter?
- Darren Fleming on How to Stand Out in a Competitive Job Market
- Stephen on How to Stand Out in a Competitive Job Market