Fast Results E-zine
Bookmark this Page
- 10 Things (3)
- Blog Carnival (8)
- Bullying (8)
- Career (71)
- Communicators in the news (24)
- Contests (1)
- events (1)
- General (17)
- Goal Setting (28)
- Health (3)
- Inspiration (39)
- Interpersonal Communication (41)
- Job Interview (37)
- Leadership (5)
- Learning (2)
- Master Your Life (2)
- Million Dollar Month (12)
- Motivation (81)
- Networking (21)
- Online Success (19)
- Personal (10)
- Politics (21)
- Productivity (3)
- Public Speaking (162)
- Quick Tip (7)
- relationships (2)
- Review (2)
- Social Media (5)
- success (5)
- Time Management (8)
- Toastmasters (47)
- Video of the Week (14)
- Writing (8)
I recently came across a site for on-line content syndication that I’m actually pretty excited about (especially since I’ve been writing more than I’ve been speaking lately) called Associated Content. The way the site works is that you submit content (you can retain the rights if you desire), they review it and if they like it, they pay you. Not a bad deal.
I came across it a little over a week ago and I’ve already been paid for three article submissions. I highly recommend taking a look at it if you have any interest in writing.
Steve Pavlina has an interesting post on using Windows Media Player to help you speedread audiobooks. I personally think that this is a brilliant idea as you can listen to 90 minutes of audio in about 60 minutes using this method, and it really won’t affect the quality of the recording.
There’s a radio station in my area that uses a similar technique to speed up songs so they can claim that they play more songs per hour than any other local station. It’s noticeable once you’re aware of it, but most people don’t care – so it’s a great idea to try it with audiobooks. My only caution is to make sure that you’re paying attention to the audio and not doing other things, as it’s possible you might miss something.
Over the last few weeks, I’ve made some mistakes. Fortunately, none of these mistakes were serious, but they did make my life more difficult. In most of these cases, something just didn’t feel right to me and I ignored my gut. Had I just gone with my instincts, I would have avoided some problems.
My gut has always been guiding me, and as I look back, I can’t think of time when going with my instincts turned out to be a bad choice. I never put much thought into it until recently and now I’m starting to realize that men also possess intuition.
In a recent CIO Insight article, Elizabeth Edwards has an interesting quote about the lack of media coverage for her husband, 2004 Vice Presidential Nominee John Edwards. She states “We can’t make John black, we can’t make him a woman. Those things get you a lot of press, worth a certain amount of fundraising dollars.”
Social Media Help
If you feel too busy or too overwhelmed to keep up with social media or blogging, then check out our new online services section. We can handle everything from creating your accounts and setting up a blog or Facebook page to managing your entire online presence. We know you’re busy so let us do the work for you.
Please take a look at my latest e-book, "The Ultimate Guide to Effective Theme Meetings." This 62 page e-book contains tips as well as 10 ready to use theme meeting kits. Each kit contains everything from the invitation to planning the food & decor to enough table topics for up to 30 participants. And if you act fast, you can get it while it's still on sale.
- Five Ways to Get Started on Anything | Overnight Sensation - Public Speaking, Communication and Personal Development on Can You Really Write a Book in Three Hours?
- Leave Miss Utah Alone | Overnight Sensation - Public Speaking, Communication and Personal Development on Why You Should Care About Susan Boyle
- Michelle on What I Hate About Toastmasters
- Bob on Do You Live Under a Rock or in a Cave?
- How to Improve Your Articulation | Overnight Sensation - Public Speaking, Communication and Personal Development on Public Speaking Success: How to Use Your Voice to Engage Your Audience
- Why You’re Losing Twitter Followers | Overnight Sensation - Public Speaking, Communication and Personal Development on On-line Success: How Do You Use Twitter?
- Darren Fleming on How to Stand Out in a Competitive Job Market
- Stephen on How to Stand Out in a Competitive Job Market