If you’re on a tight budget, the library is a great resource for giving you access to materials that aren’t in your budget. And you’d be surprised at the selection as the latest bestsellers and blockbusters are often waiting on the shelves for you.
Some ways you can use the library to become an Overnight Sensation:
- Request materials through the intra-library loan system. I live in Massachusetts and I’ve had things come from as far as Illinois.
- Work with the reference librarian to get recommendations for materials to help you meet your goals.
- Borrow books on tape or CD so you can “read” while you drive or exercise.
- Browse the wide selection of magazines and newspapers for ideas.
- Attend events sponsored by your library that may include free training and/or networking opportunites.
In the last nine months alone, I’ve borrowed over 400 items from the library. These have ranged from self-improvement programs in both video & audio formats (the ones they sell on informercials) to sci-fi books to Sesame Street DVDs for my children. Take a trip to your local library and see what they have to offer. If you’re city or town has a small branch, ask about larger branches in the vicinity. It’ll be well worth your time.